Farmers' Implement began its history in 1913 when several local farmers started it as a co-op. Prior to the most recent sale, Farmers' Inc. had a history of being passed from an owner to the company's employees. The business was owned by the Hess family from 1911 until 1975. In 1975, the family sold the business to Dick Heppe who worked at Farmers'. In 1985, employees Terry Theusch and Dave Schellinger bought the business from Dick Heppe after 10 years of employment. As Terry and Dave neared retirement, they looked for an investor that could keep the same relationship with customers as well as grow the business. That lead to the purchase of Farmers' in January 2006 by the Kreilkamp families. Since buying the business, a second location in Columbus, WI was opened in 2007.