F&W has been serving the Connecticut Market since 1939. Our Founder H.O. Funk originally opened F & W as a welding service and saw demand surge during World War II. During the war Funk rose to the occasion, working with Electric Boat to create innovative, life-saving submarine technology. After the war, F&W changed gears and began providing equipment and equipment service for the surge in post-war construction. This became a popular addition to established repair work. In 1955 F&W moved from our historic New Haven location in Wooster Square to a new home on the Post Road in Orange. In 1965 we moved to our current location and have been there ever since. For three generations F&W has remained a family-owned business committed to delivering the best in equipment sales, rentals, parts and service. We’re proud of our history and proud of the part we’ve played in helping to build Connecticut.