BUTLER MACHINERY COMPANY STARTED IN 1955 when Francis J. Butler, a former Grand Forks, ND, contractor, was selected to be a Caterpillar dealer. As a contractor, Francis knew the necessity for the dealership to provide the best in equipment and the best product support. Francis’s vision required capable, well- trained management and associates together with the most advanced tools, technology and facilities available. Three generations of the Butler family have maintained this vision. Matt Butler served as CEO from 1969 to 1998. Dan Butler has served as president since 1998.