POINT OF COLLECTION NOTICE
Last Modified: January 1, 2020
This Point of Collection Notice (“POCN”) is intended to inform visitors, users, and others of the Website (“consumers” or “you”) of the categories of personal information the Company collects and what purpose the information is used by the Company as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Those terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this POCN.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
- Identifiers such as name, physical address, email address, username, password and other credentials used to access Company’s products and services, social media handles, and, when you visit the Website, use our apps or interact with Company related tools, widgets or plug-ins, Internet Protocol address unique device identifier.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or Federal law, including date of birth, gender and veteran or military status.
- Commercial information, including (1) records of services purchased or received from Company, (2) information on or related to actions taken on the Website or mobile apps, which may include information about services considered, and/or validation or authentication of same, and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on the Website and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on the Website and mobile apps.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with the Website and mobile apps, and advertisements that are displayed or linked on the Website or mobile apps or our advertisements that are displayed or linked on third-party sites and apps.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio information from calls placed with those for whom consent had been received, or from manual dialed campaigns, which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information such as name, company name, physical address and email address and telephone or fax number, current or past employment history, prior performance information, and other information associated with applications for employment as a commercial driver.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit the Website, use our apps, or interact with Company related tools, widgets or plug-ins or our official social media pages or Company related social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers and vendors, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on the Website and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
Pursuant to the CCPA, personal information does not include the following:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope such as:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
We may use, sell, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to subscribe to a newsletter, white paper, request product demonstration, enter a contest, register for an event, or request information regarding other products or services then we will use the personal information to fulfill such request. If you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about a product or service, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. If you provide your personal information to request a product demonstration, we will use that information to process that request. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders, process returns, or to use such information for various marketing activities. If you provide your personal information to complete job applications, seek employment opportunities, and to complete related information requests related to seeking such prospective job opportunities then we will use that information to facilitate completion of a potential employment opportunity.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop the Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, applications, purchases, subscriptions, transactions, and payments and to prevent transactional fraud.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through the Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve the Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Randall-Reilly, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Randall-Reilly, LLC about the Website users is among the assets transferred.
Should you have a disability that prevents or limits your ability to access this notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800.633.5953. We will work with you to provide this notice in an alternative format.